a cozy home stay service in Tokyo, Japan

a cozy home stay service in Tokyo, Japan

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Oli- Lost us in translation

 
"Lost in translation" is one of my best movie and I proud Sofia Coppola filmed this heartwarming love story in Japan.

"New York Bar" in Park Hyatt Hotel is famous impressive sceane in that movie, and today many turists visit the bar to become Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray.

You should go this gorgeous bar at sunny night.
Here, you can enjoy not only laxuary atmosphere and awsome survice, but also amazing night view and Jazz every night from 52F. 

I can't say price of here is cheap , honestly expensive, but I think it must be your nice memory in big city ,Tokyo.

Last Friday, my old female friend asked me to go there together.
I invited Oliver too coz I wanted to cereblate his final night in Japan. 
I really feel comfortable with his chatting. 

At the biginning Oli looked tiring a bit from his long days trip.
But basicaly he is so flexible man, he made us smile with his intelligent talking and his great humor.

We talked a lot and laught well.
My female friend and her guest looked exciting too.
I appriciate him so much! Oliver, you are incredible so far! 

After we enjoyed laxury time , we changed location to "Shinjuku Golden Town"

Golden town  is 180° difference from New York Bar. It is littele bar community at backstreet of Shinjuku.
There are so many small and chill vintage bars. 

While world war 2nd, US was actually enemy of Japanese goverment.
But for locals, these culture were so cool for us and bar culture absorbed it a lot.
As soon as the war was over, we managed US style bar.
Golden Street is one of the result from these back story.

You can feel time travelling to go back to 50`s Japan.
The bar we chosen was dark, small, and really friendly bar.
Owner is 50age`s funky guy, and he is also DJ. It was soooooOOOOO nice high time .

I requested him to play Bob Marley. That was my credit! Excellent choice for our ending song.
We said cheers many time, sang together. Very homey , friendly time. 

Yes. We said cheers a lot. Too much. 
And maybe you can imagine. Yes we got in sick for hungover!

But hey, Bob said
"Everything`s gonna be alrgiht."
Yes, it's alright.

 After my guests go back to their own countres, boring but busy day is waiting for you.
It's OK, sometimes we should be crazy to forget any stress.

To show my guests historical place or traditional culture is not my aim.
They can do that without me.
I just wanna give them heart warming time, and wanna give them brave to live tomorrow.

Could I do that for you Oli?

Now he is flying back to US.
Thank you so much Oli
You are my outstanding super guest.
I also have enjoyed brilliant colors of Tokyo during you were here

Your friend, Sherry

Info
About New York Bar
About Golden Town


No comments:

Post a Comment